 Robotics / Vision Command / 49
48  |  50
Subject:
simple create own regions for Vision Command
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 08:33:54 GMT

Hi everybody out there !

If your not happy with the fields lego designed in the vision command software
there is a simple solution if you have a Bitmap-Editor installed.
There is a directory called ???\Vision_Command\data\hdData\VCSData\Regions\
(how complicated)
in this directory are some subdirectories.
Make a copy of 06 and call it 21. (This has 8 regions (fields, however))
Switch to the new directory and open the file XX.bmp with your editor.
This 8 colors (or is it coulors ? who cares ?!?) represent the 8 fields !!
So it's up to you to modify this bitmap and in the VC software there will apear
a number 21 in the scroll bar where your bitmap is used.
It is by the way possible to use the color in more then one field.
So you can edit a chess board with these 8 colors for example.
(Does this make sense ??) ;-)
The files 00.bmp -> 08.bmp are used to invert the live-video in VC software.
The files 00.rle -> 08.rle are used to show which region you are editing in the
VC software.
So if you want to have a good result you will have to edit these files too.
(Test your XX.bmp if it wors fine before editin the other fiels !!)

Try it !
Some things are much easier now !

Rainer

P.S.: Hi Jan Nouza !
This might be interesting for you and your students !