 Robotics / Spybotics / 66
Re: Spybotics To RCX Comm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 16:27:19 GMT

"Trevyn Watson" <4tee2@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:3D6CEF73.10707@rogers.com...
I had a thought about this...

Why not attach an external power source, and use it to power a lamp
mounted right next to the "pipe"? Or, get another pipe, and mount one
end of that next to the current pipe, and put the lamp on the other end?
Or, if it's easy to control the blinkenlights on top of the Spybot, why
not program one of those to stay on all the time, and run a lightpipe
(or two end to end, if needed) from there?

The lamp would probably give the best results, but using the built in
lights would require the fewest parts.

I'd try this myself, but I don't have time, and all my Lego is still
pretty much packed in bins from my trip to toronto.

You have access to a powerful light right now. The 'laser'! Why not redirect
it's light down to where you need it?

Dean