 Robotics / Spybotics / 383
Re: Arrays and proximity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:50:41 GMT

I just got my Spybotics set cheaply,

It is in fact not a computer,
just a state machine.

You CAN program it, or use the state machine structure provided by LEGO

I got quite impressed with NQC,

You also can use NQC, but I don't know the extent of what's available on the Spybot.
There are differences between the RCX and the Spybot.

Then I discovered BrickOS. Perfect! ...except that it just runs on the RCX, not
the spybots. Can that be fixed? Could I fix that, with a little help?

Yes, perfect.  But it won't run on the Spybot.  You can not replace the firmware in
the Spybot like you can in the RCX.  There is no solution to that.

Sorry for the lack of good news.
Steve