 Robotics / Spybotics / 382
381  |  383
Subject:
Arrays and proximity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:03:04 GMT

I just got my Spybotics set cheaply, and I now want to start my machine
intellligence experiment. However, I need arrays to process inputs and store
experiences. How large can they be in the spybot? How can I use the flash? And
how can I use the proximity sensors?

Yesterday I studied LASM, and to my horror: No arrays, no indexing, nothing!
Ghastly! It is NOT turing machine compatible. It is in fact not a computer,
just a state machine. Perhaps self modifying code would do the trick. Any advice
on that?

I got quite impressed with NQC, which do have arrays, and I wonder how those
were implemented. Self modifying code again? Bytecodes not in LASM? But it seems
to lack control of proximity sensor. Could I put that in myself with some
#pragma or similar?

Then I discovered BrickOS. Perfect! ...except that it just runs on the RCX, not
the spybots. Can that be fixed? Could I fix that, with a little help?