 Robotics / Spybotics / 341
Re: Spybotic API - MacNQC, programmer's guide?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 17:44:26 GMT

K. Robert Bate wrote:

Could you send me a copy of the file that is causing the problem.

   Essentially, I took the October post with the "updated" API, and cut-&-pasted
it into a MacNQC include file. The problem seemed to stem from the fact that
each line had two leading spaces, which when I changed to single tabs worked
fine, and also that everything after the token to be "#define"d was spaced
(aligned) using spaces again, which the compiler didn't like (again, replacing
with tab charecters, even multiple tab charecters, solved the problem).

If you are having any other problems with MacNQC...

   Yes - not nearly enough time to play with it, and my bricks. Is there
anything that can be done about that in a future version <wink>?

What version of MacNQC are you using?

   I'll have to check when I get home, but I think I'm still using 3.something -
I downloaded 4, but upon opening an older MacNQC file it did not enable the
"compile & download" menu option, so I swapped back to 3.x (at the time, I was
trying to get a 'bot running for a contest - I might have more time to
troubleshoot now).

I also previously wrote:

...is there anything like a Programmer's reference or
guide for the spybots?

   I recently downloaded BrickCC just for the added documentation. Very helpful,
at least slightly faster than chewing through several years of LUGNET posts.

--
Brian Davis