 Robotics / Spybotics / 336
Re: Spybotic API - MacNQC, programmer's guide?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 15:04:00 GMT

In article <Hvnr0r.24I3@lugnet.com>, "Brian Davis" <brdavis@iusb.edu>
wrote:

André Koopman wrote:

I am still busy with finishing the NQC API for the Spybots.

   And first, thank you (& Mark, John, and others) for figuring all this out!
I'm trying to program a Spybot using NQC (via the MacNQC GUI), and without
support like this & Dave's NQC, I'd never get anywhere. Again, THANK YOU to
the
community.
   One snag I've hit: for anyone else using MacNQC, at least my version
   chokes
on these new API's (not the one already included) - MacNQC seems to want tab
charecters instead of spaces, so after replacing all the "hidden" spaces with
tabs, (before the #defines as well as in some cases after the string to be
defined), I at least get it to include spy.nqh & compile/download. I'm not
sure
exactly where the problem is (not to mention I'm *far* to thick to understand
fraction of what I see in spy.nqh), but thought I'd report it.
   Along those lines, is there anything like a Programmer's reference or
   guide
for the spybots? OK, I know it's not all known yet, but any coherent
reference
(right, wrong, or incomplete) would be welcome.
   As an example, while I think I understand some of the SetLED modes, but
   what
the heck do the "scale" modes (LED_MODE_SCALE_etc) do? Most of my questions
have
to do with the World table, but I'm moving in baby steps right now. Thanks
again.

Brian,

Could you send me a copy of the file that is causing the problem.  I can
see what is causing the problem in MacNQC.  If you are having any other
problems with MacNQC I would like to hear from you.  What version of
MacNQC are you using?

Rob Bate
rbate@mac.com