 Robotics / Spybotics / 21
20  |  22
Subject:
Preliminary BricxCC Spybotic support
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 00:07:16 GMT

If you are interested in trying out a new release of BricxCC containing very
preliminary support for the Spybotic brick send me an e-mail and I'll let
you know how you can download a copy.

So far BricxCC can compile and download programs to the Spybot brick using
NQC and LCC32 (for MindScript and LASM programs - if you setup the DIY
Spybotic SDK as described at http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=18449).
Some of the other features of BricxCC partially work.

This release also fixes a bug in XY analysis of the Datalog.  It also allows
users to turn off the toolbar background image (as well as pick their own
background bitmap via an undocumented registry setting).

Once I get additional information regarding the Spybot brick I will fix all
the other features of BricxCC to fully support the capabilities of this very
cool programmable brick.

One thing that will always be a problem, however, is using BricxCC to read
light sensor values.  Since the Spybot cable has to be plugged into the
brick the light sensor is obscured.

John Hansen
http://members.aol.com/johnbinder/bricxcc.htm