 Robotics / Spybotics / 19
    Firmware —Steve Hassenplug
   Does anyone know (for sure) if the firmware on the spybotics can be replaced? I assume that having the programs in eprom (or whatever it is) means the firmware is in the same long-term-memory type of place, so the firmware is pre-loaded. Can anyone (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

        RE: Firmware —Ralph Hempel
   (...) As far as I know, the EEPROM on the chip is a small space where the bytecodes live. The RAM for data is in a different place on the chip. The RCX was unique in that the uploaded firmware and data RAM were in the same external chip. The Spybots (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)