 Robotics / Scout / 57
Re: Scout Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.scout
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 05:31:46 GMT

Will Hess wrote:

I have two questions about my new scout:

1)  What are the white gears used for?

The white gears are a slip gear. To explain it put one on a motor and make
it spin. Now grab on to it and it will stop and turn inside. You will
notice that there is still a little tension on the gear.

It's great for low torque projects where it could get stuck and you can't
program for it. Like the scout in default mode.

2)  Can anyone point me to sites that feature models, etc for this set?

The only programming language for the Scout right now is NQC. It has some
Scout modes. Unfortunately you can't get any of the 'add on' packages like
RCXcc to work with the scout. You must use something like Notepad or
something.  My site below has a few gadgets that might work with it. I have
a Scout myself but haven't really used it much yet. I have 2 RCX's that
keep me busy.

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html