 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 74
  Re: Lego Dacta/Robolab control with 8 I/O

Just to clarify, this serial interface box that you've been given doesn't have much to do with ROBOLAB. ROBOLAB is the software for the RCX. What you want (free) is LEGO Engineer, which looks and smells a lot like ROBOLAB. (URL) Right now only the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Lego Dacta/Robolab control with 8 I/O

I forgot to mention that LEGO Engineer 2.0 currently runs on top of ROBOLAB 2.0. So ok, its not *free* :) You have to spend the $25 or so on ROBOLAB first. But its still better than LOGO I think because the programming is graphical. And unlike (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Lego Dacta/Robolab control with 8 I/O

If you're interested in creating your own applications, take a look at: (URL) (select Research) There's both a paper describing the PC protocol in great depth ((URL) and (best of all) an ActiveX component ((URL) that you can compile and use from (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx)