 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 520
Re: RoboLab
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2007 16:36:52 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, Elizabeth Mabrey wrote:

Tom, I am also interested in finding out interfacing the RCX Cam with NXT
sometime in Spring/2008. I tried to use the RCX Cam with the RCX about 4 years ago. My goodness, I must say it was painfully tedious. Besides, you probably could
only rely on the outline of a shape, e.g. a soccerball. Using it the scale
of the circle to determine whether you see the ball and distance to the
ball.  Now, this works as long as there is no other object also shapes like
a circle.

--Elizabeth

Dear Elizabeth, Thank you for your support. I have purchased 2.9.4 and look
forward to using LabView Student Version, if NI lets me have it, with the patch
NI offers to run the RCX & NXT.
My work with the Lego camera is developing on two fronts. The first is to
distill an image into an eight color image and the other is to distill a master
artwork into a number and comparing this number to other master artworks.
Developing the Vision VI is tedious but how else can you do it?
http://130.64.87.22/robolabatceeo/College/tutorials/image_cli/index.htm is an
excellent tutorial.  It is just as tedious using NI Vision. Have a Happy Holiday
Season. I am trying to talk my eight-year-old into taking a NXT Kit instead of a
game boy. Programming is so much more rewarding than playing computer games.
http://tomlohre.com/lego.htm