 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 29
28  |  30
Subject:
RXC Powerdown time using Datalogging
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 00:07:12 GMT

When using the Datalogging feature of Robolab 2.0, the generated programs
automatically set the RCX powerdown time to zero when starting datalogging, and
set it back to the last value set in the Administrator/RCX Settings when the
program ends. This creates two interesting situations.

First, if you have multiple RCXs with different powerdown times, the reset of
the powerdown value back to the Adminstrator setting may not be what you want
for this RCX. This can be changed by adding a Set RCX Powerdown construct after
the Stop Logging construct. This is available on Functions (or Data logging and
Motors), RCX Communications, Set RCX Powerdown, and string in the powerdown
value you need. Another situation occurs when you are running a datalogging
program and either stop the program manually or turn off the RCX before the
program ends. The powerdown time will remain at zero, meaning the RCX will not
powerdown (until the batteries give out). Our solution to this is to load a
short program in slot 5 that we run when we suspect the powerdown time is
incorrect. This program uses the Set RCX Powerdown construct and then beeps to
indicate the program finished.

Datalogging is fun and very easy using Robolab 2.0. Try it!