 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 199
RE: updating Robolab 2.5
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.dacta
Date:
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 00:09:45 GMT

Hello Miles,

After all the help you have been to me in the past I am happy to help
you.

About two months ago I received a CD-ROM from Pitsco with the label
2.5.1 on it. The instructions were very simple "Overlay everything in
the current Robolab directory with what is on this CD-ROM" I did and
everything worked fine and Robolab system said 2.5.1.

In order to get this CD-ROM for 2.5.1 I called Deanna Newell at Pitsco.
She was on vacation and they transferred me to some very friendly tech
support people. To make a long story short, I pointed out all the
patches that need to be applied to 2.5 and they freely sent me 2.5.1.
Good people there.

I have applied all the beta patches mentioned with dates before
7-5-2002. They do install and fix problems in my environment:
1.) My early container problems disappeared;
2.) My vision and camera problems largely disappeared with the vision
patch;
(Some vision issues remain with certain cameras. My solution has been do
not use the ones that require more work)
3.) The generic sensor patch works with the one third-party sensor I
own. (Most third-party sensors that act like light sensors work fine I
believe)
4.) The Robo server patch works.

The "Fixes CLI vis in Pilot mode" dated 7-17-2002 I have not installed
because it says 2.5.2 not 2.5.1!!

I understand the Service Pack 1 dated 8-14-2002 is 2.5.2. I have not
confirmed this. I will download it in the next hour and let you know
tomorrow if you are interested.

The one other issue is I use XP with NTFS file system. I only log on as
an administrator user only and I have no problems.

I do not know what version Pitsco is shipping now.

Lastly, I giving two presenations at NWBrickCon on Advanced Robolab and
basic Robolab, it would nice to meet you.
http://www.sealug.org/nwbrickcon.html

Let me know if you need other information.

Bill Blackmer