 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 119
  Re: new RoboLab 2.5 compatible with old serial IR tower & RCX 1.0

(...) According to the one page catalog addition I received: "ROBOLAB 2.5 packs all the benefits of earlier version including Pilot, Inventor, Programmer, and Investigator levels, is USB compatible (with the new USB tower), and works with the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: new RoboLab 2.5 compatible with old serial IR tower & RCX 1.0

Robolab 2.5 is rich with new features. These new features include support for the Lego camera and USB tower, support for Control Lab and the Scout brick, LASM support, support for the new RCX firmware for functions like events, auto-wire, better (...) (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: new RoboLab 2.5 compatible with old serial IR tower & RCX 1.0

(...) Richard (or others), I wish I knew where this info is coming from. Pitsco LEGO Dacta's web site has nothing I can find. I would like to know when Robolab 2.5 will be available and if there is an upgrade available to users of ver 2.0. And I (...) (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: new RoboLab 2.5 compatible with old serial IR tower & RCX 1.0

(...) Call Pitsco and ask them to send you a catalog. Their website is very poor in comparison to the items available in the new catalog. In a one page addition to their most recent catalog I read: "ROBOLAB 2.5 UPGRADE If you have purchased previous (...) (23 years ago, 20-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: new RoboLab 2.5 compatible with old serial IR tower & RCX 1.0

(...) Jerry We received the software today from Denmark and began shipments to customers. Most of the information you are reading about comes from a fall mailing we recently did for the back-to-school season. From speaking with the warehouse today I (...) (23 years ago, 20-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: new RoboLab 2.5 compatible with old serial IR tower & RCX 1.0

If you already have a serial IR tower, RCX 1.0, Scouts, and MicroScouts, then what extra benefits would you get from the new RoboLab 2.5 with: 1) new USB IR tower? 2) new RCX 2.0? 3) old Scout, eg, events and VLL output to MicroScout? 4) old (...) (23 years ago, 22-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: new RoboLab 2.5 compatible with old serial IR tower & RCX 1.0

1) If you have a serial tower, there is no reason I can think of to purchase the USB tower. If you use a USB tower, then you will need the USB support that Robolab 2.5 provides. 2) The hardware differences between the 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0 bricks are (...) (23 years ago, 27-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

I received my 2.5 yesterday, having ordered it mid last week when it was not yet available. -Peter "Jerry Kalpin" <jdkalpin@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:GJxHI2.1Bx@lugnet.com... (...) users (...) (23 years ago, 30-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)