 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 67
FW: New pbFORTH
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 16:36:44 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Hempel [mailto:rhempel@bmts.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 09, 1999 10:18 AM
To: robots@jpsc.co.uk
Subject: RE: New pbFORTH

.TTAASSKKSS

SystemTask awake

~»r sleeping

ok - NOT!

I'll have a llok at this shortly. How do you feel about pbFORTH after the
discussion so far on Java and a new bytecode interpreter? Is it worth
it for me to spend more time on documentation first, so that more
people are willing to try it? Or should I get the code working so that
you and I can get a cool mapping bot or maze path analyser working.

It's funny, the eventual implementation of the Java machine looks so
much like FORTH (with a lot of stuff on top) that I can't imagine how it
could be as fast.

The only speed improvement I'd like to make is to use the unsigned math
routines in the brick instead of the FORTH ones, and to get it
communicating at 4800 or higher.

Best regards, keep plugging away at the beast...

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.bmts.com/~rhempel/lego/pbFORTH/default.html>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com