 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 612
    Re: IR problems —Mario Beaulieu
   (...) Ralph, one more question. Are there conditions where the word EKEY would wait for input (like KEY)? It seems to happen in my program. Thanks (20 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

        RE: IR problems —Ralph Hempel
   (...) EKEY always waits for input. Use EKEY? to see if anything is available... Looking at the source, I see that there is a possiblity that in the time between checking for a character with EKEY? and actually reading it with EKEY, that an error can (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

        Re: IR problems —Mario Beaulieu
   (...) I did not explain my problem properly but you got it anyway! I do use EKEY? before EKEY, but sometimes EKEY seems to block. Thanks for taking your time to look into this. As for the new word (wow!), in Forth-79, there was a word called ?KEY (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)