 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 591
Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.6
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 22:57:33 GMT

   BricxCC figures out some things based on the extension of the file open in the currently active editor window. This may not be the best approach in the world. But it works fairly well.

Thanks! It does work well! My files had a .txt extension. But since I’ve renamed them, it works beautiful.

   You can also press Ctrl+Space ... to display a “code completion” window listing all the pbForth words.

pbForth support also includes the “Procedure List” feature and the “Code Explorer” feature when you have an active editor window containing pbForth code. The Procedure List is accessed via Ctrl+Shift+G in the current release.

Very impressive and useful features.

   Regarding the console and downloading the firmware, the disconnecting the console is necessary since it uses a completely separate communication mechanism than the rest of BricxCC....

Now I get it!

Regarding the uppercasing of known forth words automatically, there is already a mechanism for doing something along those lines....

You’re right

   I would highly recommend changing the name of the help file back to pbforth.hlp and access it as I have described above. Let me know if this helps explain things a bit better. And if you have any more questions or problems (or praise) feel free to post here or email me. :-)

John Hansen

I renamed the help files back and it’s great now.

Thank you very much.

Mario