 Robotics / 21441
21440  |  21442
Subject:
BricxCC release 3.3.7.6
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 23:51:21 GMT

I’ve gone ahead and released a new version of BricxCC. Get it while it’s hot! :-) There are a few rough edges in this release, primarily in the pbForth console. Also, the leJOS .hlp file was so large I did not include it in the main installer. The RCXTool utility is very useful. You may want to look closely at its many features (RCXTool -help will list them).

Here is a list of updates and enhancements:
  1. Version 3.3.7.6 adds fast firmware download support when using the USB tower.
  2. It fixes a problem with firmware download via the serial tower in slow mode.
  3. It fixes a bug with firmware download which would corrupt some alternate firmwares (can someone please double-check this - as far as I can tell it is now working correctly).
  4. It adds support for compiling and downloading leJOS (Java) programs.
  5. Existing code parsing support for Java is improved.
  6. It adds a pbForth console.
  7. It adds code parsing support for Forth to the code explorer and procedure list windows.
  8. pbForth scripts can be downloaded either from the console or the normal download button (unfortunately, this feature is not quite perfect at this point).
  9. It adds to the distribution a command-line program called RCXTool.exe which can be used for lots of useful things. From a command prompt type RCXTool -help for details.
  10. The Memory Map tool window is updated to allow viewing pointers in hexidecimal and the Spybot map is actually correct now.
  11. It has improved Spybot support in various other places (Direct Control, Diagnostics, Watch).
  12. It ships with an enhanced unofficial Spybot NQC API header file called spy.nqh (in the root directory).
  13. MindScript and LASM help is integrated into the IDE if you have the latest Mindstorms SDK installed.
  14. MindScript syntax highlighting now handles the comment keyword better (block string support).
  15. This release also adds extensive integrated help files for brickOS, leJOS (separate download), and pbForth.