 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 518
Re: pbForth vs RCX 1.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 14:06:25 GMT

Thanks,

Just to make sure, let's take an example.

Let's say that I have two RCX, named A and B. What if the program in RCX B
is waiting for a character on the instruction KEY and RCX A sends a
character, let's say '5' (ASCII 52) with   52 EMIT  ? That would not work?
When I use a terminal emulator, it seems to me that I send characters one at
a time to the RCX and when the RCX echoes, it sends it back? It would be
different between two RCXs?

Thanks

Mario

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, Mario Ferrari writes:
"Mario Beaulieu" <mariobeaulieu@videotron.ca> writes...
Hi,

Is pbForth fully compatible with RCX 1.0?

Yes. I run pbForth on RCX 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0. No differences.

Can RCX 2.0 communicate with RCX
1.0 in pbForth (using IR ports)?

No, to my knowledge. In pbForth the IR port is entirely devoted to
communication between the brick and the terminal. There are no words to
send/receive data through the IR port. That would be quite a nice addition,
but I wonder if it is possible.

Mario