 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 390
Re: Major breakthrough serial wise.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 20:01:47 GMT

in article 39365A56.86986217@nexen.com, Steve morris at smorris@nexen.com
wrote on 6/1/00 5:43 AM:

PS. My IR connection stinks. It is seldom that I can
upload more that 5 lines of script without at least one
error.

Try posting this on a more general list if the following suggestions don't
help:

1) put the RCX and tower underneath a box to block out all extraneous light
sources

2) put a new battery in the tower

3) switch to low-intensity (the little slide switch on the tower)

4) change to a different serial port, or a different machine.

5) you're fiddling with the serial port code?  Knock it off!  :)

Apologies if you didn't need or appreciate this feedback.

--
Doug Weathers, http://www.rdrop.com/~dougw
Portland, Oregon, USA