 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 353
RE: Is there a compatible h8 assembler for forth words?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 21:21:08 GMT

Steve Morris wrote:

I asked this once before but in the middle
of an unrelated email so the question got lost.

I don't think this is clear. I ment an assembler written in pbforth that
can create assembler defined words in the RCX

No there is not. That being said, it's pretty easy to write one...if you
have the time.

I fiddled around with it a bit and then gave up since the GNU tools
worked pretty quick. It was strictly a time/value exchange.

From bitter experience, writing assembler stuff in Forth is generally
not worth it. I use Plaugher's rule:

Make it work, then make it fast.

Cheers,