 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 316
RE: Standard extension suggestions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 15:59:11 GMT

I think this would be a good idea, even if they never incorporated into the
"official" kernel.  Sort of a code repository similar to what has been
proposed for NQC.

That said, the thing that intimidates me is my lack of any experience with
the software tools required.  I am not a software guy.  I do some work in
VC++.  I did a little Peeking and Poking on a Commadore 64 once, but gnu,
tcl, and all the other TLA's (three letter acronyms) have vague and ominous
meaning to me.  I'd like to try, but my available time and my perception of
the learning curve keep me from jumping in.  I sure am spoiled by IDE's
like rcxCC.

Now, in all fairness, I haven't tried at all.  Maybe it isn't as daunting
as I think.  Is it??

Jeff
jeffrey.hazen@northmill.net