 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 314
313  |  315
Subject:
POWER_OFF serial port interaction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Sat, 6 May 2000 23:40:57 GMT

The following word has unexpected behavior:

: off  ." off" CR CR POWER_OFF ." on" CR ;

I  see the output when it turns off. when I turn it on I see nothing on
the serial port. It finally appears  when I type anything at the
terminal.
The character I type is not seen by the interpreter. Lets say I
invoke the off word, power on and hit "j". This is what I see:
ok
off
jon
ok

Obviousiouslly this is a minor issue. I'd hardly even call it a bug, but
it
was unexpeted.

Side note: Suspecting hardware problems I broke down and bought a second

Mindstorms (the first was a gift so I've actually only bought one RCX)
With two
towers, two RCX's and two Linux boxes I was determined to track down
my exotic symptoms.

Of course none of them repeated. I think that's the bad news. The good
news
is obvious.