 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 301
300  |  302
Subject:
Multitasking questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 16:51:16 GMT

1) scripts/muldemo.txt uses the word HAT instead
of ALLOT_TASK. Does HAT actually exist or is this
left over from hforth.

2) Tasking by convention? When do tasks switch?
PAUSE obviously. Does AWAKE actually context
switch or only mark the task as runable. Anywhere
else? SLEEP? What happens if you SLEEP yourself?
A reschedule? Or does it only become effective
after the next PAUSE?

3) I assume the scheduling is round robin. The
order must be controlled by BUILD? Probably
new tasks go in after the current one?