 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 294
RE:Thought on pbForth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 22:09:44 GMT

The KIM-1 was all the computer education I ever had. (I studied
physics in school.) I feel sorry for kids today who have to try to
understand a modern desktop computer/OS from scratch. They can't help
but get a feeling that "there are mysteries" beyond their
comprehension.

I get really sad everytime I hear people talking about their first computer
experiences including assembling their own computer... I get the feeling
that I have been missing out on a lot of fun stuff! been deprived of great
fun because I am too young.. =( (1975)

My first programming experience was on an Apple IIe, and my first computer
was an Armstradt Z80 based machine running CP/M... These early machines,
have fortunatly put me in  a state where I am not as bad of, as the
situation Steve describes (I have written my fair share of assembler, and
can mention at least 7 different programming languages that at some period
in my life was my native tounge), but for just the kicks, I would still like
to assemble my own computer some day (and by that i mean with a soldering
iron, not with a screw driver)... do any of you know of any kit that can be
bought today, which would fit the purpose?

Anyways, great post by steve! and while I'm using those kind of words,
thanks for a great product ralph!

kind regards

  Kasper Jeppesen