 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 107
Re: Rotation sensors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 16:16:50 GMT

Ralph Hempel wrote:
[...]
OOOOHHH. That makes me feel warm and fuzzy and willing to do more work!

Here's a link to an on-line (free) book about FORTH for real time
applications. Tim Hendtlass (the author) is really good about linking
to the book, which is hosted on the <http://www.forth.org> site.

<ftp://ftp.taygeta.com/pub/Forth/Literature/>

the book you want is rtfv5.pdf - if I include it in the URL, the file
is loaded into the browser...

Thanks, I was using that as a reference for the
FORTH overview I wrote.

As a side note, some of the words will change to be more compatible with
Kekoa's (and the RCX itself) call interface - unless everyone thinks
this is a bad idea....

Also, the site will move soon, since I'm getting my own domain name very
soon. Since you are still in the manuscript stage, hopefully this will
not impact you very much. The original root will remain with a link to
the new site...

Thanks for the heads-up. It should be no trouble changing the
URL, as the book is still a draft. After August or so it'll get
harder, but still won't be impossible.

Finally, I'd be happy to review and comment on that chapter. I really AM
going to get to work on the new release this weekend...

Super, I'll email you a PDF file, either late today or early
next week.

Thanks,
Jonathan