 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 916
Re: Possible bug in firm0328 or NQC 2.2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 02:38:53 GMT

In article <G71KK5.2rM@lugnet.com>, "Mario Ferrari"
<mario.ferrari@edis.it> wrote:

Yesterday evening I was testing some NQC code for an RCX with the new
firm0328 installed. A very strange thing happened: motor B was running
when
motor A was expected to do.
I double checked the connections, and the code, and couldn't really
understand why it happened.
I succeeded in isolating the piece of code, a single statement:

    OnFor(30,OUT_A+OUT_C);

You've got the args to OnFor() backwards.  It should be

OnFor(OUT_A + OUT_C, 30);

If your original source had the args in the correct order, email it to
me and I'll check the assembly listings to see what code is actually
being generated.  Actually, I think OnFor() is just a macro for
On/Wait/Off so it would have to be a very subtle bug if NQC was the
problem.

Dave Baum

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com