 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 634
  communication brick <-> PC

Hi there ! I've got a question concerning ir communication with the brick ... After having done some low-level debugging to make a self-written programm communicate with my brick using the IR tower, I'd like to make my programm control the brick. (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: communication brick <-> PC

(...) It can be used, but the problem is that the tower shuts off fairly quickly if it doesn't hear anything from the computer. So the listening program would need to be sending keep-alive messages periodically. I think that Dave will put something (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: communication brick <-> PC

(...) My current thoughts are to add "listen" support to rcxlib/RCX_Link, but not add anything else to the nqc tool itself. This would facilitate writing a small wrapper program around rcxlib/RCX_Link that could send/receive messages without (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: communication brick <-> PC

(...) Cool. We'll wait patiently. :) (24 years ago, 4-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)