 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 6
Re: NQC 1.2 in beta testing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 07:13:45 GMT

In article <NCBBILBBCKPIJMFPELKOCEJPCCAA.richone@midsouth.rr.com>, "Rich
Thompson" <richone@midsouth.rr.com> wrote:

Some questions about proposed features

Proposed Features
* Allow variables to be scoped to tasks and inline functions
* Parameter passing and return values for inline functions

If I am reading these right, would the above new features allow RCX
*runtime* variable usage for commands like:

int foo,bar;

task sound
{
       foo = 300 + Random(300)
       bar = 1 + Random(20)
       PlayNote(foo, bar);
}

Rich
http://rich.cmcsmart.com

No, you still wouldn't be able to do that since the RCX bytecode to play a
tone requires compile time constants as its arguments.

The scoping would let you put variables inside of tasks (hiding them from
other tasks), if you wanted...

task foo
{
  int a;
  // can use variable a
}

task bar
{
  // can't see variable a
}

The inline stuff would let you write functions that took arguments - but
these arguments could only be used in places where variables are legal
(such as comparissons, and the Sleep() macro).

Dave

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com