 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 596 (-10)
  Datalog with NQC 2.2 a1

Hi, has anybody tested the datalog with NQC 2.2 a1. Since the file firm0326.lgo is larger than the file firm0309.lgo, surely fewer ram will remain for storing the datalog. Is there any chance to get the number of free space? Ralf (24 years ago, 8-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.2 a1 available for public test

Hi Dave, no there is no mistake in NQC. Sorry if I confused you. I 've found a mistake in my samples #5 to #8. I wanted to show that you can use a variable i as a parameter with the function Display(i, 0). My mistake was that I copied the code from (...) (24 years ago, 8-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.2 a1 available for public test

(...) Has anyone had any thoughts of porting NQC to BEOS? Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 8-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.2 a1 available for public test

(...) I'm a bit confused...is there a bug I'm supposed to be looking at, or are you posting the code just as an example of using the display. If the former, could you let me know what you expected and what actually happened? Dave Baum p.s. No need (...) (24 years ago, 8-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.2 a1 available for public test

(...) Lego's concept of 'local' variables are variables that are context swapped per task, as opposed to the normal variables that are not context swapped (all tasks share the same vars). Thus, 'local' RCX variables are local to the task. This is a (...) (24 years ago, 8-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.2 a1 available for public test

Hi, that 's right, global variables could be displayed but not the local ones. Therefore I 've another test file which uses a global variable i and a local variable k. If you run the program on your rcx you would see first the global i that is 100. (...) (24 years ago, 7-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.2 a1 available for public test

Hi, oh I did a another mistake. I 've sent the wrong file. And I tried to send it via attachment .... with no chance ... I 'm sorry. This version is a silly one. I 'm setting a variable but don't use it in the display command. This is purely the (...) (24 years ago, 7-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.2 a1 available for public test

You have to include the code as part of the main message (paste in the text). Lugnet doesn't allow _any_ attachments. Dennis (...) -- Dennis Williamson - Certified Y2K Complacent Bad News: The next millenium starts on a Monday. Good News: You get (...) (24 years ago, 7-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.2 a1 available for public test

Hi, thank you Dave for the new version 2.2 a1 of NQC. I 've done some tests because I want to display some messages. Have a look to the attached test1.nqc. It seems that there was something wrong with my last mail. I try it once more. Now there (...) (24 years ago, 7-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.2 a1 available for public test

(...) There were three changes with respect to firmware downloading: 1) I now only checksum through address 0xcc00 to match behavior in the ROM. This was interfering with downloading large firmware files (such as the 2.0 firmware). 2) A bug in fast (...) (24 years ago, 6-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact