 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 426
425  |  427
Subject:
Honk if your debugging?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 22:45:37 GMT

I have been doing an unfortunate amount of debugging.  I really miss
the printf statement to send myself messages like:

what am I doing here?  with these variables at these levels?

But I have found at least one handy substitute based on the sound
element, a strange little brick that has a round top, and a connector
like base and will make one sound forward and one sound reverse.

You can put it right on output B then use a routine like

void honk(){
    OnFor(OUT_B,10);
    }

As a code marker to cause the robot to make a sound when passing
by certain lines of code or making certain decisions, or for that
matter not honking if they never get that far.