 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 4
Re: NQC 1.2 in beta testing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 01:39:22 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com (Dave Baum) writes:
There have been substantial changes to the code generation algorithms, so
I'm going to run a longer (and more formal) beta cycle for 1.2.  Details
can be found at:

http://www.enteract.com/~dbaum/lego/nqc/beta/index.html

Dave

Hi Dave,

Cool to see a separate beta-testing page!

BTW, does MT-NewsWatcher 2.4.4 allow you to crosspost news articles and set
the followups?  I noticed that you posted the above message to 2 groups as 2
separate messages instead of 1.

If your newsreader does let you crosspost, etc., here's what you can do in
the headers (give it a try next time, it's really cool :)

   Newsgroups: lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc,lugnet.robotics

This causes one physical message file to appear on the server, but the
message appears in both groups listed.  Then when someone posts a followup
message, it's automatically directed to your NQC group.  :)  Plus, if your
newsreader supports crosspost tracking during reading, then the message will
automatically be marked "read" when you read it in the crossposted group (so
you don't see it twice).

--Todd

p.s. 20 people are already signed up to your NQC newsgroup via the News-by-
Mail gateway.  I'm sure there are lots more keeping tabs via NNTP (news) but
it's still encouraging to see 20 people already in the mail subscriptions!
This is more than half of the number of people who receive lugnet.robotics
from the lugnet.com server.