 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 31
    How do you convert light sensor data to bmp image —Patrick McLean
   Hi: I would like to build a lego scanner using a single light sensor. I have found a number of sites which explain how to build them, however, I could use some assistance with how to convert the data collected into an actual image map. I understand (...) (26 years ago, 20-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: How do you convert light sensor data to bmp image —Alex Wetmore
   You might find netpbm to be helpful. It contains tools to convert the PBM (monochrome), PGM (grayscale) and PPM (color) formats into just about anything. P?M are file format for images which is easy to generate. In its simplest form PGM (what you'd (...) (26 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: How do you convert light sensor data to bmp image —Patrick McLean
   Alex: Thank you for your suggestion. I was able to find a Windows95 site which described a way to utilize the PGM program. The site basically provides the files needed to call up a UNIX window on my PC. From the UNIX window, I can then utilize the (...) (25 years ago, 24-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: How do you convert light sensor data to bmp image —Alex Wetmore
   I just put a Win32/i386 port of netpbm on my ftp site (ftp://ftp.phred.org...bm-e.zip). Very little documentation, but it should be easier then uploading and downloading files from a unix account. I'd recommend generating the PGM, then using (...) (25 years ago, 24-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: How do you convert light sensor data to bmp image —Patrick McLean
   Alex: Downloaded the netphm files from your site. Your right, it was alot easier. Now all I have to do is build my scanner. Thank you for your help Patrick McLean :) Alex Wetmore wrote in message <922292440.681002@phred.org>... (...) image. (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: How do you convert light sensor data to bmp image —Philippe Jadin
   What could very exiting is to create a win32 software with spirit.ocx which could display in realtime the image on your screen... I'll work at it when i'll get the mindstorm... ---...--- Philippe Jadin mailto:philippe.jadin@skynet.be Belgium, Europe (...) (25 years ago, 6-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)