 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 303
Re: Can't compile test.nqc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 16:03:04 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Vincent Kessels writes:
Hi,

I have been trying to compile NQC (2.0.2) with the watcom compiler under
QNX and succeded partialy. I can now compile the test.nqc from version
1.3 in backward compatibility mode (bin/nqc -1 testv1.nqc). But I can't
compile the new test.nqc which is delivered with version 2.0.2! It crashes
with memory violation error (sigsegv).

Has anyone had simular problems? Or has anyone ideas how to solve this?

I'm using the default lexer and have yet to port the seriel routines.

- Vincent

There is very little difference in the compiler itself between 1.0 mode and
normal mode.  Most of the changes are due to a new API file that is included
(rcx_nqh.h).  If something went wrong with building this file, that may cause a
crash.  To test this out, start with a really trivial program:

task main()
{
}

-----

Now try compiling it without bringing in the system headers:

nqc -n trivial.nqc

If that crahses, then we'll need to debug the compiler to see what's going on.
If it doesn't crash, then the problem is probably related to the system include
files.  Make sure that they are being built correctly by mkdata and that the
line endings make sense, etc.

Dave