 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 285
  "No reply from RCX" with nqc...

i just purchased the mindstorm RIS set... now i am trying to get the firmware on it. i dont have windows (thank god), so i am trying to get the firmware onto the rcx with ncq. upon trying to do anything with rcx (rcx -near, rcx -firmware..) i am (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: "No reply from RCX" with nqc...

I had a similar problem and it was caused by the 9 Volt battery in the tower. You don't mention the green light in the tower. Is it changing brightness while you are downloading? It should be a steady light. I cannot find the name of the firmware (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: "No reply from RCX" with nqc...

(...) Try this: nqc -v -raw 10 and then also this (substituting the right filename) nqc -v -firmware <filename> and post the results. The "-v" option turns on some logging that may help us figure out what is wrong. (...) The firmware file is (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: "No reply from RCX" with nqc...

(...) thank you (and bob fay) for your two responses. i have a sneaking suspicion that bob was right on with the curious battery problem. i opened my tower battery case and "re-seated" the battery. (and i confirmed it *was* in the proper (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)