 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 25
  Battery voltage available within NQC?

Last night I went out and bought six C cell nicads and wired them up as a power supply for my robot. What I'm wondering is this: is there some way to programmatically obtain the battery voltage, so I could make a decision based on a voltage (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Battery voltage available within NQC?

(...) There's a bytecode (0x30) that instructs the RCX to send the battery voltage as a response over the IR. That's what NQC and Mindstorms use to read the battery voltage. I don't think this opcode has any effect within a program, or at best it (...) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Battery voltage available within NQC?

(...) If you REALLY wanted to do this, you could use the bytecode to broadcast the battery information to the IR tower and have a service running on the PC which would recieve the battery message and then send an appropriate message back to the RCX. (...) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)