 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 25
24  |  26
Subject:
Battery voltage available within NQC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 23:26:36 GMT

Last night I went out and bought six C cell nicads and wired them up
as a power supply for my robot. What I'm wondering is this: is there
some way to programmatically obtain the battery voltage, so I could
make a decision based on a voltage threshold? Like changing the robot
behaviour to begin searching for a charging outlet? I'd also like
to be able to then unhook from the charger when the voltage reached
an upper threshold.

I know that the firmware seems to know about battery voltage, and
returns the value sometimes when communicating with nqc. It's also
available within the Mindstorms software. What would be the NQC code
to obtain that value?

Thanks,

Murray