 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 206 (-5)
  RE: Group to discuss Teaching Lego Robotics?? lugnet.robotics.teaching ???

Terry wrote (...) I'd like to participate in this too. I'm an engineer that has two kids in grade 2 and another starting K in two years. So I want to get things moving in the right direction up here too! Todd, how about it? A group for educators (or (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Group to discuss Teaching Lego Robotics?? lugnet.robotics.teaching ???

I will be teaching several 5th to 8th grade students how to build Lego-based Robots and how to program them in RcxCODE and NQC. We're located in Rural Vermont (!tm) in the NorthEast U.S. I was privileged to get to MindFest on Sunday at MIT, and (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Sharing variables and using expressions (was Re: NQC 2.0 and some math questions

(...) I appreciate this -- that's what the "Not Quite" is all about. As long as you explain things well, I think this kind of compromise is the right way. (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Sharing variables and using expressions (was Re: NQC 2.0 and some math questions

The optimization was intentional (and quite a lot of work, actually). I know it breaks with multiple tasks, but I was more concerned with keeping the variable pool from being cluttered with temporaries. With only 32 vars to use, its quite easy to (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Sharing variables and using expressions (was Re: NQC 2.0 and some math questions

I have discovered a somewhat non-intuitive feature of NQC (in my version, at least, which is pre-2.0) The statement: var = (20 * var) / 21; gets compiled into the following: MUL var, 20 ; var = var * 20 DIV var, 21 ; var = var / 21 rather than the (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact