 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1774
1773  |  1775
Subject:
BricxCC release news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 22:46:41 GMT

I continue to work on getting BricxCC ready for a new official release.  My
sincere apologies for not having one out at the beginning of the year as I had
originally planned.  Life keeps getting in the way.

In any case, I have a new update to BricxCC that is still unofficial.  I'd like
to have several BricxCC users out there try it out and give me some feedback
regarding the enhancements.  The latest test release can be obtained at

http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/swan_test.zip

The changes worthy of mention are:

1. I have gone through the entire application and added "what's this" help to
nearly every dialog.  It isn't quite complete yet which is the main reason why
I'm not ready for an official release.  But it is complete enough to get some
feedback on its usefulness (or lack thereof).  Make sure you extract the
included help file into the Help directory below where you install the BricxCC
executable.  Because the F1 key now shows "what's this" help instead of the
generic dialog help page I also added a "Help" button to all the dialogs.

2. I am now compiling with Delphi7 with an XP manifest so I'd really like
feedback from XP users regarding how it operates and looks.  Also, non-XP users
can let me know if it still operates and looks okay on non-XP operating systems.
If there are any theme-related problems I'd like to know about them prior to the
next official release.

3. The Data Analysis dialog now allows you to add series to the graph which are
calculated as a function of other series.  The built-in set of functions is
fairly limited but I would like some feedback regarding this feature.

Thanks for trying it out!

John Hansen
http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/