 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1725
Re: Define Event icon...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2005 23:00:50 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, Elizabeth Mabrey wrote:

I'd like to set up an event to watch for a containers
value = 3.  I am trying to use the "Define Event" icon,
but has no luck yet.

   I fear I became very frustrated with Robolab, so can't help you *specificly*
with that enviroment, but... at a firmware level, events can "watch" several
different sources: sensors, timers, three simple counters... however, they can
not be configured to watch variables. I suspect the problem is that you are
trying to set up an event to watch an illegal source (a variable, or in
Robolab-speak a container).
   Why do you need an event to watch for this condition, as opposed to say a
dedicated task watching for the container = 3 in a loop?

--
Brian Davis