 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1518
  How to call SCOUT ROM subroutine from NQC

Dear members, I would like to know how to call RDS SCOUT ROM subroutines from NQC. The SCOUT ROM Subroutines are useful and may save much memory for SCOUT. Thankyou in advance. Liem PH (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: How to call SCOUT ROM subroutine from NQC

(...) There isn't any built-in support for calling the ROM routines, but you can probably hack together what you need. You'll need to use "#pragma reserve" to prevent NQC from assigning variables to the registers used for parameter passing to the (...) (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: How to call SCOUT ROM subroutine from NQC

Dear Dave Baum, Thank you for your reply. First of all, I enyoy your wonderful creation NQC very much. I also learn much from your EXTREME MINDSTORM book although it is dedicated to RCX rather than to RDS SCOUT. I successfully call almost all SCOUT (...) (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: How to call SCOUT ROM subroutine from NQC

(...) I would love to see the include file you created for calling the Scout ROM subroutines. Any chance it could be posted here (or that you could post a link to the file)? Thanks! John Hansen (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: How to call SCOUT ROM subroutine from NQC

(...) Sorry for late response. I am now very busy but I will upload some small snippets for calling directly Scout ROM subroutines (recently I am not be able to concentrate on this issue) as soon as I can. Thanks, Liem PH (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)