 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1519
Re: How to call SCOUT ROM subroutine from NQC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sat, 24 May 2003 05:27:23 GMT

In article <HFC38G.1BJw@lugnet.com>,
"Liem Peng Hong" <liemph@nais.ne.jp> wrote:

Dear members,
I would like to know how to call RDS SCOUT ROM subroutines from NQC.
The SCOUT ROM Subroutines are useful and may save much memory for SCOUT.

Thankyou in advance.

Liem PH

There isn't any built-in support for calling the ROM routines, but you
can probably hack together what you need.  You'll need to use "#pragma
reserve" to prevent NQC from assigning variables to the registers used
for parameter passing to the ROM routines.  Then you'll need to write
and "asm" statement that moves your desired parameters (which can come
from variables) into those registers and issues the bytecode to call the
routine.  The last section in the NQC Programmer's Guide provides some
explanation for "#pragma reserve" and "asm".  The Scout documentation
from Lego describes the ROM routines and what registers are used for
parameters.

Dave Baum