 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1421
1420  |  1422
Subject:
Linux driver for USB tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 06:17:08 GMT

Hi,

        I have a working linux driver for the lego USB tower; so far
it has only been tested on kernel 2.4.14 on a uhci system, where it
has worked without any problems. Anyone feel like testing it out
on their own system (to use it, you will need to be able to compile
for your own kernel)?

        I have used the driver with NQC and pbForth. NQC requires
a PIPE subclass (code also available); pbForth requires a simple
program to connect the lego device to a pseudo-terminal device, so
that a terminal can talk to the brick.

Richard