 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1415
Re: Program() always returns 0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 05:11:17 GMT

I believe any data source (not just timers/sensors/variables) can be
used in SetUserDisplay.  The big limitation is that local variables
cannot be used since the display is updated in a global context
independent of the tasks.

If you know of data sources that do not work, please let me know and
I'll try to have NQC catch those errors.

Dave Baum

In article <GvoB64.HE9@lugnet.com>, "Gustav Jansson" <GJansson@aol.com>
wrote:

SetUserDisplay does not work like that.  You need to specify either a
sensor, timer, or global variable.  Once you have done that it will
continuously update the display as the value changes.  In your case you
should write your program something like:

int ud;   // user display global

task main()
{
  SetUserDisplay(ud, 0);