 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1400
Re: Need help with NQC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 03:31:54 GMT

"Russell Newman" <victoreden@netzero.net> wrote in message
news:GtLuCA.38p@lugnet.com...
I just wrote a program and I can't get it to work. I download it to the • RCX
and it just runs its motors. I look at the display and push on the bumper
and it has those little triagles. So it is not hardware because the RCX
reads that the bumper in pushed. I need help! here is the program

In what way is it misbehaving?

When backing up, it only backs up for 3/4 of a second.  Is that enough?
When turning, it only turns for a maximum of a half a second.  Is that
enough?

Kevin

#define go_straight() Fwd(OUT_A+OUT_C);
#define back_up() Rev(OUT_A+OUT_C);Wait(75);Fwd(OUT_A+OUT_C);
#define turn_left() Rev(OUT_A);Wait(Random(50));Fwd(OUT_A);
#define turn_right() Rev(OUT_C);Wait(Random(50));Fwd(OUT_C);
int last_value; // Used for IR proximiy sensing

task main()
{
start_up(); file://Used to set up the sensors and tasks
while(true); file://A repeat forever loop
  {
  bumper_check(); file://Checks bumpers for collisions and turns
  ir_check(); file://IR proximiy sensing
  }
}

void start_up()
{
SetSensor(SENSOR_1,SENSOR_TOUCH);
SetSensor(SENSOR_2,SENSOR_LIGHT);
SetSensorMode(SENSOR_2,SENSOR_MODE_RAW);
SetSensor(SENSOR_3,SENSOR_TOUCH);
On(OUT_A+OUT_C); file://Turns on the motors to go straight
start send_ir; file://Starts the task that sends out IR light
}

void bumper_check()
{
if(SENSOR_1 == 1) file://Checks for left bumper
{
  back_up();
  turn_right();
  go_straight();
}
if(SENSOR_3 == 1) file://Then checks for right bumper
{
  back_up();
  turn_left();
  go_straight();
  }
}

void ir_check()
{
last_value = SENSOR_2; file://Stores the value of the light sensor
if(SENSOR_2 <= last_value - 75) file://Checks for a high fluctuation in • light
{
turn_right(); file://turns
go_straight();
}
}

task send_ir() file://sends out a bunch of signal 20 times a second
{
while(true)
{
SendMessage(0);