 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1350
Re: firmware & NQC - free?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:06:46 GMT

This is my dilemma:
I work for an organization that encourages schools to teach engineering
through the RIS using NQC.  I'm creating very detailed instructions on how
to install NQC and using firmware, etc.  Now since this is a package of
information that is not needed I don't want them to install all this stuff.
So I'm wondering if I can place firmware on my website for them to download
(but of course I'd say all that stuff about this belongs to LEGO, etc).  I'm
not sure if I can do this, so I was looking for alternatives to the firmware
included with the RIS.
Thanks,
Jenny

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Philippe Hurbain writes:
Yes, it is available here http://mindstorms.lego.com/sdk2/SDK.asp (along
with a firmware download program - this one is Windows only)

Philo
www.philohome.com

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Jenny Baker writes:
Is there a firmware version available that I can get for free that will work
with NQC on any platform (Mac, Win, Linux)?
Thanks
Jenny