 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1179
  SetWatch() only accepts constants

I just wrote a task and function that cause the RCX to receive data from the PC and then set the time on the RCX using SetWatch(). Unfortunately, I didn't realize that SetWatch() only accepts constants. NQC complained when integer variables were (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RE: SetWatch() only accepts constants

Instead of sending ByteCodes from the PC and getting the RCX to interpret them, you can construct and send the SetWatch() OpCode plus the correct "constant" time and send it through Spirit.OCX (or directly, depending of the platform). (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: SetWatch() only accepts constants

(...) You can use the NQC -watch now command to set the time. Dean (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: SetWatch() only accepts constants

(...) Sorry, the opcode requires constants - there's not much NQC can do (aside from generating an enormous switch statement). Dave (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)