 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1191
Re: SetWatch() only accepts constants
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 03:47:40 GMT

In article <GHoGwL.8Eq@lugnet.com>, "Frederick N. Brier"
<fbrier@multideck.com> wrote:

I just wrote a task and function that cause the RCX to receive data from
the
PC and then set the time on the RCX using SetWatch().  Unfortunately, I
didn't realize that SetWatch() only accepts constants.  NQC complained
when
integer variables were passed.  Is this because the special SetWatch()
opcode only accepts embedded constants and not references to memory
variables?  That probably is what is going on, but if not, would it be
possible to change it so it can accept variables?

Sorry, the opcode requires constants - there's not much NQC can do
(aside from generating an enormous switch statement).

Dave

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com