 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1157
1156  |  1158
Subject:
RcxCC (again)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 02:27:32 GMT

I'm embarassed to admit that I've posted yet another revised version of
RcxCC to my website.  Version 3.2.9.0 further extends the graphing ability I
added in over the course of the two previous revisions.

In this release it is possible to display a non-modal Graph window (all the
graph windows are now non-modal) from the Watch window.  Each time you Poll
the brick (while the Graph window is visible) a set of data points will be
added to the graph.  At present the graph is hard-coded to display at most
11 (n ... n+10) data points per series.  As additional points are added to
the graph it will begin to scroll along the X-axis, resulting in a
strip-chart of sorts.

It is a bit of a hack, I must admit, as I re-used all of the functionality I
developed for the Datalog graph and only made the minimum revisions
necessary to get it functioning from the Watch window.  As a result, if you
bring up the Chart Configuration dialog from the Watch window graph and
close it via the OK button it will redraw the graph using all the data
collected thus far (causing it to display more than the previously mentioned
limit of 11 points).   Similarly, in this mode of operation the Copy to
Clipboard functionality will (in order to copy all available data rather
than just the last 11 points) redraw the chart with all the data before
copying that data to the clipboard.

Anyway, in spite of these quirks (or, perhaps, because of them), I kind-of
like this latest graphing functionality.  As with the previous release
(3.2.8.2) it is now possible to edit the parameters of each series via a
Ctrl+LeftClick on the series you wish to modify.  That earlier release also
added chart paging (where you specify how many points per page to show and
move from page to page via a "first, prev, next, last" set of toolbar
buttons).  A possible addition yet to come wrt the graphing capability will
be editing the axis settings.  And for now I don't intend to persist the
chart configuration settings.  I've spent way too much time on this
(admittedly cool) feature already. :-)

In this release I have also fixed a couple of the minor problems Stef
mentioned (the startup "no brick" message and the hour-glass cursor when
Polling).  And I'm starting to look into the reported problem with a custom
Font.

LMKWYT,

John Hansen