 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1129
    NQC, what gives the fastest code ? —Stef Mientki
   hi All, I'm not a C-programmer, so maybe I'm asking a (very) stupid question. In searching for the fastest algoritme, I looked into the code generated by NQC (through RCXcc-orginal ;-)). I noticed that when you write your code in basic elementary 2 (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: NQC, what gives the fastest code ? —Dave Baum
   It has very little to do with C itself - its really a question of compiler optimization. NQC doesn't have any explicit optimization passes, and there is no data flow or variable lifetime analysis, so often the assembly will be a bit inefficient. (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: NQC, what gives the fastest code ? —Stef Mientki
   Thanks Dave !! That was a very good explanation! In return a problem (and solution) with the serial data transmission (not an NQC error, but you could add it to your documentation). In doing fast data transfer from RCX to PC, there seems to be a (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)